Parents are eager to set up a child’s room interior even before the little one comes into the world. The vital role belongs to a child’s crib, where a newborn will pass most of the time. One can choose furniture following fashion trends, matching the room’s color scheme, or according to external appeal.
However, the fact that the best pieces of furniture are made from natural wood remains unquestionable. Wood is an ecologically friendly material. Nontoxic wood varnish or paint applying is allowed in the process of its manufacture.
Which Timber Species is the Most Widely Used in Baby Cribs Manufacturing?
- Pine is the most widespread type of raw material which is used for baby cribs manufacturing. It is quite affordable, ecologic, and non-rigid for processing material. It is believed that phytoncides get into the air from pine timber in the process of its exploitation. These substances have cleaning and antibacterial qualities. But products from pine demand careful handling. Scratches appear too quickly on their surface.
2. Beech is a noble kind of tree; its timber is firm and durable. This material is resistant to mechanical damage and can be used for decades. Characteristics of beech are close to the oak ones. But beech is a bit more susceptible to moisture and temperature extremes. Beech timber has a distinctive and unique wood grain, and special varnishes are easily applied on its surface. Baby cribs made of beech are usually more expensive than those of pine.
3. Oak is a valuable, extraordinarily long-lived and expensive material. Having extraordinary durability characteristics an oak baby crib can turn out to be your family relic, which will be passed down through generations. The indisputable advantage of the material is its immunity to decay. Oak exudes the energy of health and stability. Oak crib is an exclusive piece product that is most likely available only for order considering its high price and complicated processing.
Any choice of the wooden baby crib will provide your baby with a beautiful and cozy place for comfortable sleeping. The only thing to do is to choose the proper design, optional mobility, variants of transformation, availability of detachable sidewalls, and other characteristics.
Top-7: Our Selection of the Best Baby Cribs Models from Natural Wood.
All cribs from our list meet safety standards set.
List Price Guide
- $ = $100–$200
- $$ = $200–$300
- $$$ = $300–$400
- $$$$ = over $400
- Delta Children Archer 4-in-1 Crib
- Price: $
- Dimensions (inches): 58 (length) x 29,5 (Width) x 37 (height)
It is a crib with a simple, harmonious design. But it has remarkable advantages such as durable, wooden structure, nontoxic materials, smooth surface, and rounded corners. It can be converted into a toddler and full-size bed, which is usually possible in more expensive models. The position of the bed is height adjustable. It’s a perfect combination of price and quality.
2. Dream On Me, Ashton 5-in-1 Convertible Crib, Cherry
- Price: $$
- Dimensions: 54 L x 33 W x 44 H
- This crib for newborns is made in classical style. Its wooden carcass is produced from ecologic material, namely from the timber of the New Zealand Pine. Its vibrant color will be a cherry on top of your interior. This model is produced in several colors: Cherry, Blush Pink, Espresso, Storm Grey, Charcoal, White. The other distinctive feature of this crib is 4-position height adjustment. This dark wood baby crib is converted into five variants of kid’s furniture according to changes in the child’s height.
3. Delta Children Lancaster 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib.
- Price: $$
- Dimensions: 59.3 (length) x 30 (depth) x 46.25 (height).
- The crib is appealing not only due to elegant lines but also because of its perfect quality. Tests and JPMA certificate verify its safety and quality. This wooden baby crib is firm, nice-looking for a mom, and comfortable for a child. The manufacturer suggests 3 variants of coloring: Grey, Bianca White, and Dark Chocolate. It is a height-adjustable model and has 3 levels of adjustment. The crib can be transformed into a small sofa, a toddler bed, and a full-size bed.
4. Storkcraft Beckett 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- Price: $$
- Dimensions: 54 (length) x 29,5 (width) x 34 (height).
- It is a modern baby crib-transformer, which will perfectly fit in with the interior. It will pay off the money spent on it by many years of service and a high level of comfort both for a mom and her child. Stockcraft has produced furniture of high quality for newborns, babies, kids, and teens for 70 years. All this time, the company keeps to the unique quality and safeness standards. The pine crib has three levels of height adjustment.
5. Storkcraft Orchard 5-in-1 Convertible Crib
- Price: $$$
- Dimensions: 57.28 L x 30 W x 60.65 H
- It is the crib of the same manufacturer as the previous one. But it has a more distinctive design. This amazing baby wood crib has a removable canopy and can be used as a playhouse. The product can be converted into a day bed, toddler bed, and a full-size bed. Being used as a crib it has a base for a mattress that can be adjusted in 3 positions. It is likely to be a theater, where creativity and fun are the centerpieces!
6. Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- Price: $$$
- Dimensions: 53.5 L x 29.75 W x 35 H
- This crib with a laconic design is of premium quality. Hudson was tested for more than 10 000 chemicals and corresponded to the highest standards. It is made of New Zealand Pinewood. Its external appearance is entirely trustworthy. Hudson can be converted from a baby crib to a toddler bed and a day bed. It is supplied with a toddler bed conversion kit. The position of the mattress can be height adjusted (4 levels).
7. Stokke Sleepi Crib
- Price: $$$$
- Dimensions: 50 L x34 W x 29 H
- The unusual design of this crib is dazzling, and the long list of functions is the point of real interest. It can be used in a variety of ways: as a cradle for a newborn, an oval crib with several levels of mattress height adjustment, a playpen, a little sofa, a bed for a ten-year-old kid. And if one adds lockable swivel wheels to this list, it becomes quite clear why moms like this crib so much despite such price. The wooden beech structure of the crib provides its strength and durability.
Baby Crib Safety – Nursery Tips (video)